Monday, August 27, 2007

Tustin, Anaheim, Laguna Woods, wookiees, etc.

Carol Jordan's new book, Tustin, An Illustrated History, should be available sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The photo above comes from the O.C. Archives and shows the Tustana Apartments in Tustin, circa 1966. This is a great space age example of the "decorated box" school of design. Still, the flagstone, starburst sconce, and orange accent wall look great, don't they?

The Anaheim Historical Society will hold it's annual Ice Cream Social on Sunday, Sept. 30, 2-5pm. The event will be held at the Claybaugh House, a Queen Anne cottage at 115 S. Olive (at Center St.) The house was originally built for Anaheim's Railroad Station Master.

The Laguna Woods Village Historical Soceity and the City of Laguna Woods have crafted some kind of plan in which they'll work together to make improve residents' access to the community's historical records. Part of this plan includes a website. I'll link to it when it appears.

Repair and restoration efforts are beginning at Anaheim's "Red Cross House." I'm told this house is now properly called the Woelke-Stoffle House, "in honor of the two most significant owners." I'm going to have trouble with that. See, when I was a kid, I had a Star Wars drawing tablet called a "Wookiee Doodle Pad." For some reason, every time I read "Woelke-Stoffel," I think "Wookiee-Doodle." Sad, I know.

No comments: